For more information regarding our campus programs, click here.
Take the Next Step towards Achieving Your GoalsBefore you apply to the online MSEE program, take a moment to review the admission requirements. Learn more about what you need to qualify for acceptance into this dynamic, future-focused program.
To be eligible for NJIT’s online MSEE program, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, another engineering discipline, or an equivalent program*
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended (transcript evaluation for transcripts from international schools)
- Minimum 2.8 GPA
- One letter of recommendation
- Official GRE scores – candidates with an electrical engineering bachelor’s degree from the United States and a minimum GPA of 2.8 may qualify for a GRE waiver
- Completed application and $75 application fee
- TOEFL scores (if applicable) of 79 or higher or IELTS score of 6.5 or higher, and other NJIT International Student admission requirements
Graduate Education According to Your ScheduleThe admissions cycle for NJIT’s online degree programs features three seasonal start dates per year (spring, summer, and fall). We highly recommend contacting an enrollment advisor to help guide you through the application and enrollment process. Listed here are some important dates* and deadlines for our online degree programs.
*Dates are subject to change.
Make a Valuable Investment in Your Future
Recognized as a best value school by The Princeton Review, NJIT has a long-standing reputation for offering high quality science- and technology-focused online degree programs that are competitive and affordably priced.
Listed below are the estimated total costs associated with NJIT’s online Master of Science in Computer Science degree program:
(out of state, graduate level, 100% online)
Breakdown of Tuition and Fees for the 2016-2017 Academic Year
In-State Tuition Breakdown:
- Application fee: $75
- Program fee: $156 per credit fee
- In-state eTuition cost per credit (for in-state, part-time, fully online students): $1,034
Out-of-State Tuition Breakdown:
- Application fee: $75
- Program fee: $151 per credit fee
- Out-of-state eTuition cost per credit: $1,202 (for out-of-state, part-time, fully online students)
NJIT’s eTuition rate is less than the tuition for out-of-state on-campus students, making a graduate degree from NJIT more affordable than ever.
Should you take a course on campus in a given semester, the higher out-of-state tuition will apply.
All tuition and fees are subject to change.We’ve done our best to give you an accurate accounting of the cost of the online Master of Science in Electrical Engineering program; we encourage you to contact an enrollment advisor if you any have questions about tuition, fees, cost of books, or financial aid. We believe in full disclosure of tuition and fees. Therefore, we want you to know that the “per credit” and “per semester” fees include standard university fees such as: academic facilities, student services, athletics, technology infrastructure, and activities and health services. While we are aware that as a part-time online student, you probably will not be using some of these services, these fees help NJIT remain an outstanding higher education institution, one from which you will be proud to graduate.
It Pays to Know Your OptionsMaking the commitment to pursue your master’s degree can bring opportunities for growth in your personal and professional life. It can also bring questions about financial aid. However, paying for graduate school doesn’t have to be overwhelming or distressing. By taking the time to explore your options, you can discover several ways to reduce costs and make your dream of earning an advanced degree become a reality. Financial aid is available from a variety of sources, such as federal grants, Stafford loans, scholarship programs, private sources, veteran’s benefits, and sometimes employer assistance programs. For more detailed information about the types of education loans available, eligibility requirements, and the application process, please visit: http://www.njit.edu/financialaid/typesofaid/educationloans/index.php We encourage you to research all financing options to determine what works best for your individual needs. For more assistance please contact Student Financial Aid Services:
The NJIT MSEE online MTF is 6 semesters.Online Program MTF (6 semesters)
2. Minimum Completion Percentage (MCP) The MCP is the percentage of coursework that a student must earn (pass) during enrollment. The NJIT MCP is 67%.
3. Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) Students are required to maintain a minimum GPA throughout the course of the program. The NJIT MC GPA is 3.0 for graduate students.Important Loan Information As with any loan, make sure you fully understand the interest rates, repayment terms, and tax implications. Find out if interest charges are variable or fixed, if the loan has forgiveness or deferment provisions, if you can consolidate the loan with other loans, and if the loan carries prepayment penalties. Borrow only what you need. Remember that loans must be repaid even if you do not finish the program. Your education is a substantial investment. It’s one of the most important decisions you can make for your future. Take time to learn all of your financial aid options before you make any decision.