Pursuing a master’s degree in civil engineering poses some serious questions. What will the industry look like in the next 10 years? What skills can I learn? How can this degree help my career? To help provide some answers, we surveyed our graduates on a number of areas related to their experiences with the MSCE degree.
Top reasons why students pursued the online MSCE degree
- 21% — to improve the chance of getting promoted or secure a promotion
- 33% — to be more competitive in the job marketplace
- 54% — to expand their industry knowledge
- 63% — to advance in the field
- 67% — for the personal satisfaction of earning a degree
What did a degree from NJIT do for your career?
Deliverables are paramount when choosing a graduate degree. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of civil engineers is projected to grow by 20% (faster than average) from 2012 to 2020. In a growing industry, you need a degree that can help you capitalize on opportunity in the short term and prepare you for sustained success in the long term. Our graduates are testing the value of an MSCE degree every day in the workforce. Here’s what we found.
- 100% of responding MSCE graduates are employed and 82% earn at least $50,000 annually
- 46% said the MSCE helped them increase their salary
- 71% said the MSCE helped them increase their career options
- 75% said the MSCE helped them advance in the field
- 79% said the MSCE provided them with the latest engineering concepts and techniques
- 88% said the MSCE helped them expand their innovation skills
- 96% said the MSCE helped them expand their knowledge of the industry
Roles our grads hold
- Civil Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Project Engineer
What the MSCE grads are saying
“It has positively impacted my life and knowledge level in my career field, both of which are invaluable to me. In the future it will greatly benefit the opportunity for me to move to a new position or promotion.” — James McAllister
“I started the program in order to advance my industry knowledge and to be prepared for the Principles and Practice of Engineering exam. I learned a great deal and passed the PE on the first try. The MSCE program’s flexibility and availability made it possible for me to complete it with my busy work schedule. I have a sense of personal accomplishment and a qualification on my resume that puts me above the majority.” — Derek Ziese
Our faculty comes to NJIT highly credentialed and prepared to help you succeed. An impressive 98% of our full-time faculty members hold doctoral degrees within their fields, and many have received top academic honors including Fulbright scholarships, grants from the National Science Foundation, and Presidential Early Career awards.
Call 866-939-5793 to speak with an enrollment advisor today about the online MSCE program.The Numbers Behind NJIT’s Civil Engineering Graduates